Upcoming interview with Dr. Katie de Luca. Katie de Luca is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Department of Chiropractic at Macquarie University. She is a chiropractor in clinical practice, however her research focuses on the epidemiology and management of musculoskeletal conditions, with expertise in the elderly. In 2016 she was awarded her PhD from the University of Newcastle, School of Medicine and Public Health. Her thesis explored the experience of pain in women with arthritis, and resulted in substantial contributions to fields of rheumatology, pain and ageing research. She has 25 peer-reviewed journal publications and more than 50 conference presentations, which includes several invited keynote presentations on back pain in the elderly. These have been at regional, national and international conferences in gerontology, pain, public health and chiropractic forums. She is on the editorial boards of Chiropractic and Manual Therapies and JMPT, and peer-reviews for another 13 journals. Please comment below if you have any questions for us during the interview. I might choose some of them for our conversation.
You might also like
- 043- Dr. Geoff Outerbridge Discusses World Spine Care and the Global Spine Care Initiative January 22, 2019
- 042- J. David Cassidy, DC, PhD, DrMedSc Discusses Stroke, Concussion, Neck Pain, Whiplash and Epidemiology December 4, 2018
- 041- Spinal Pain in the Elderly and Chiropractic with Dr. Katie de Luca November 15, 2018
- 040- Dr. Anthony Lisi Discusses Chiropractic Practice and Research in the VA October 18, 2018
- 039- Inflammation of Peripheral Nerves, Chiropractic Principles, Manual Therapies and More with Dr. Geoffrey Bove October 4, 2018
- 038- Chiropractic, Opioids, Adverse Drug Events, and Medicare with Dr. James Whedon August 23, 2018
- 037- Interdisciplinary Care and Strategies to Incorporate Evidence Into Practice With Dr. Robert Vining August 7, 2018
- 036- From Spine Function to Dysfunction and Multidisciplinary Teamwork With Dr. Peter McCarthy August 1, 2018
Security – SSL Certificate
Chiropractic Science is a Miami University Digital Health Literacy Partner. Health literacy is the ability to read, write, and talk about health habits in a variety of life situations and environments. Our interprofessional partnership promotes the use and dissemination of electronic materials for evidence-based EHealth.