On this page you will find evidence based resources for the chiropractic profession.
Many of the resources are free. Some of them are available for purchase. Many of the suggestions on the list have been recommended by chiropractors in practice, chiropractors in academia and from chiropractic colleagues of mine. The list is not in any particular order and will be added to periodically.
- World Federation of Chiropractic – The suggested reading list for chiropractic: “Don’t have time to get a PhD in your area of interest? Our Top 10 reading lists are designed to get you up to speed in over 20 different topics. Each list is curated by a team of content experts with the goal of creating a solid overview from recent and classic publications. Disagree? Contact us!”
- Evidence Informed Practice – ONLINE COURSE on Evidence Informed Practice: Applying Research in Complementary and Integrative Health will become a paid course beginning on August 19, 2017. Prior to August 19, the modules will remain free of charge, however you must register to use the modules.
- Canadian Chiropractic Guideline Initiative (CCGI): You will find chiropractic guidelines, videos, podcasts and other excellent resources at this site. “Our vision is to enhance the health of Canadians by fostering excellence in chiropractic care. Our mission is to develop evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) and best practice recommendations, and facilitate their dissemination and implementation within the chiropractic profession. CCGI is funded by provincial and national chiropractic associations, regulatory boards and the CCPA.”
- Clinical Compass – Evidence.Education.Empowerment: Here you will find relevant and current peer-reviewed journal articles, either as abstracts or full-text, depending upon availability. A summary and annotated bibliography for each topic is provided.
- Evidence-Based Toolkit for Clinicians: The Evidence-Based Toolkit for Clinicians is a collection of resources, tools, and services to help you provide evidence-based care to your patients.
- Evidence Based Chiropractic – Executive Summary by Palmer College of Chiropractic. Bullet point summaries that are great for social media, websites, patient communication, health policy and more.
- CSPE (Clinical Standards, Protocols and Education) Protocols and Care Pathways: UWS care pathways and protocols provide evidence-informed, consensus-based guidelines to support clinical decision making. To best meet a patient’s healthcare needs, variation from these guidelines may be appropriate based on more current information, clinical judgment of the practitioner, and/or patient preferences.
- Chiropractic Science Podcast: Hear about chiropractic research from the authors in plain English, not through the media, nor a middleman.
- ChiroCredit.com: Offering Online Continuing Education Courses for the following healthcare providers: Chiropractic and Naturopathic Physicians, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Certified Hand Therapists, Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, Doctors of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Techs, Nurses, Massage Therapy and Athletic Trainers.
RRS Education: RRS Education is a trusted source of continuing education solutions for chiropractors, physiotherapists, osteopaths and other manual medicine providers around the world.
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics: The Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (JMPT) is an international and interdisciplinary journal dedicated to the advancement of conservative health care principles and practices.
- Chiropractic & Manual Therapies: Chiropractic & Manual Therapies publishes manuscripts on all aspects of evidence-based information that is clinically relevant to chiropractors, manual therapists and related health care professionals.
- Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association: This is the official, peer reviewed, quarterly research publication of the Canadian Chiropractic Association (CCA).
- PubMed: PubMed comprises over 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Index to Chiropractic Literature: Helping chiropractic clinicians, educators, students and researchers find the literature they need.
- Research Gate: Research Gate’s mission is to connect the world of science and make research open to all. If you are looking for a particular scientific paper by an author, typing into the google search box “Researchgate: Surname” will many times lead you to a free download of the paper.
- Google Scholar: Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Google scholar is a good tool to find free full text scientific articles.
- Care Response: Care Response is a free and pragmatic system to help practices gather and report clinical outcome and patient satisfaction information with minimal work from practice staff.
- The Chiropractic Academy of Research Leadership (CARL) Program: Aims to link promising early/mid stage career researchers who are dedicated to developing high-quality evidence regarding chiropractic as well as a global research network.
- Spine IQ: We are a community of practitioners dedicated to advancing evidence based conservative spine care as the first line of defense in addressing the pervasive back pain epidemic.
- Dynamic Disc Designs: Offers realistic spine models to help communicate evidence based patient education to patients.
- Icare ChiroCast Podcast: Developed by Chiropractic Australia in response to the positive momentum developed by evidence based chiropractors on social media, this podcast series will be your opportunity to hear from many of the thought leaders, influencers, regulators and experienced clinicians from the academic and research arenas within the chiropractic profession and broader musculoskeletal healthcare community.
- CCGI Podcast: Tune in every two weeks to hear CCGI knowledge brokers, Dr. Kent Stuber and Dr. Gaelan Connell with their invited guests discussing topics that are important to chiropractors in Canada.
- 360Parker: Being a health and wellness professional requires constant learning. The drive to explore new resources. A network to push you to be your best. Our growing community of chiropractors and others in health science careers gives you inside access to the core tools you need to grow your knowledge base, and your business. All powered by Parker University. Join now, and explore the portal.