“Hear about chiropractic research from the authors in plain English, not through the media, nor a middleman”
The Podcast Interviews
- Get the word out about chiropractic science. Part of this mission will be reached by interviewing chiropractic experts that are actually doing the research. Making scientific findings available to the public is an important part of the research process. Publicizing these interviews passes on the benefits of chiropractic research to other researchers, chiropractors in practice as well as practitioners from other disciplines and the wider community.
- Encourage collaboration of researchers to promote future high quality chiropractic research.
- Motivate and assist practitioners and students alike to pursue research careers in chiropractic science!!!!
Why Chiropractic Science?
- There is a lot of excellent chiropractic research published by top scientists in the field that deserve our attention
- Incorporating the latest evidence into your practice of chiropractic is good for everyone
- Reduce the evidence – practice gap and promote knowledge translation from the chiropractic research laboratory to the clinic
- Engage clinicians in evidence based practice in a fun, easy to access manner
- Learn from the experts and gain confidence in your knowledge and communications with others about chiropractic
- A chiropractic resource for students, doctors and patients
Did you know that there are currently over 6,759 scientific articles on pubmed with the keyword ‘chiropractic’?
How to Cite a Podcast Episode
Example: Smith DL. Chiropractic Science: Brain Adjustments with Dr. Heidi Haavik [internet]. Eaton, Ohio; [cited May 14, 2016]. Podcast. Available from: http://chiropracticscience.com.
About Your Host
Dr. Smith is a clinical faculty member in the Department of Kinesiology and Health at Miami University. He also maintains a private practice of chiropractic in Eaton, Ohio at Essence of Wellness Chiropractic Center. He is founder and host of Chiropractic Science. Chiropractic Science is dedicated to publicizing chiropractic research through podcast interviews with leading chiropractic scientists.
At Essence of Wellness, Dr. Smith incorporates lifestyle intervention (exercise, nutrition, other non-drug methods) with chiropractic adjustments and other manual methods to encourage optimal wellness. He has helped countless adults and children lead a life of wellness.
Dr. Smith’s education includes a bachelor’s degree in human biology, a master’s degree in exercise science, a doctor of chiropractic degree and a PhD in brain and cognitive science with a focus on motor behavior and postural control. His research interests lie broadly in the area of human movement and coordination. He is most interested in how chiropractic, exercise and rehabilitation affect human performance. His scientific articles have been published in such journals as Human Movement Science, Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Chiropractic Research Journal, Chiropractic and Osteopathy and The Open Neurology Journal.
Dr. Smith has played several competitive sports such as soccer, hockey and golf. He had a varsity golf scholarship at Miami University where he now teaches and does research. He has provided chiropractic care to professional athletes including Women’s Tennis Association tour pros at the Canadian Open. He also works with varsity university and high school athletes. Dr. Smith is also an Internationally Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (ICCSP).